Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Carolina Designer Craftsmen Art Show

This is my third year of running with the big dogs.  The Carolina Designer Craftsmen will host its annual  show at the North Carolina State Fairground in Raleigh from November 27 to 29 (Friday through Sunday).  The hours are:

Friday, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. 
Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. 
Sunday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. 

To learn more about the guild, please visit their website:


There is a two-year jurying process--you are accepted first as a probationary member, based on images you submit.  Once the jury sees your work at the show and approves, you are a member.  Still, there is a standards committee who reviews artists' work every three years.  So standards are high.


I am bringing what is the beginning of my new body of work, People and Their Companion Animals.  What with research, sculpting, glazing and at least two firings, each takes several weeks to create.  I hope to have three of those pieces completed in time.  One will be in the Masterworks section and the other two in my booth, number  N-3.  

Also, I've made a couple of medium-sized and smaller sculptures, as well as several dog and bird ornaments. (I have to admit, they are cute, and I'll have trouble parting with them!)   So, I'll have something to offer at all prices.


The cost to produce such an event is high, so there is an entrance fee--$7.00 for a day pass. Sorry about that!

So come by, no pressure to buy, but remember, I have a lot of hungry mouths to feed!  ;-)

Seriously, I've been out of the social loop for a while and would love to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment