Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Bascom and Craft in America


Sorry I haven't posted in a while--lots going on. Unfortunately, some our our dogs have had serious health issues and that has kept me very busy. We have our hands full. Being an expert worrier, I have to confess I haven't been eating and sleeping as I should. But I have been making as much art as I can.

Anyway, this just in--a real day brightener!

Max and Gizmo was accepted into the American Craft Today exhibition at The Bascom, in Highlands, NC.

Carol Sauvion, executive director of the Peabody Award-winning and Emmy-nominated Craft in America television series, was the juror for the show. She is also the creator and executive director of Craft in America, Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to presenting the history, practitioners and techniques of craft in the United States and their impact on our nation’s cultural heritage. She is also curator, juror and speaker at institutions such as Renwick Gallery, Smithsonian Institute, and Getty Institute.

The exhibition opens October 2 and runs until December 18, 2010.

For more on Craft in American, see:

http://www.pbs.org/craftinamerica/tv_series.html

No comments:

Post a Comment