Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

THE FIRST Annual Alamance Studio Tour!

So far, I have not found a way to make art and keep up with things that need doing in the house, like laundry (cooking has been fairly regular), and keeping up with the social media to network and market my art. So thank you, readers, for checking in and know that if it seems I've quit writing, it probably means I'm in the studio. I have several new pieces--even have some pics.



Pathos, the first in my newest body of work.
Clay, slip, terra sigillata, underglazes.

Don't worry, they're not all sad!



I will post more soon.

These days, I've been preparing for the first annual Alamance Studio Tour, to be held at studios throughout Alamance County. Thirty-nine artists from the Alamance Artian's Guild (http://www.alamanceartisans.com/) are participating. Several are sharing a studio, and the studios are located close to each other--some almost clustered, so you can see a lot of art in almost every medium you can think of, without traveling very far. Since I've been a member of the Guild (when it started about 5 years ago), I've been amazed at how many talented artists we have in this area. And so many in Saxapahaw--and I didn't even know about them. And, I learned of even more as a result of helping with the organization of the Tour.

Also, in each cluster, there is a great restaurant--so you can shop, eat, and shop some more! The famous General Store is a mile away from my studio in Saxapahaw, NC (#22 on the tour). Seriously, there is no pressure--we hope you will stop by and see what we've been up to!

I'll have my garden art, several big sculptures, including new work. So new that some may still be in progress--you can rush clay only so much. You'll get to see them in various stages of creation. I don't know about you, but I love behind the scenes stuff!! I feel like I'm being let in on a little secret.

This newest work is a departure--perhaps a little edgier than previous work, and has received great reviews from hubby and my photographer, Jason Dowdle.

So come to the Studio Tour! It's a scenic, relaxing drive--Saxapahaw is a jewel in a beautiful landscape. It really is another world out here. You'll see artists in their natural habitat (well, most of us will clean up our studios a bit for you--there's natural and there's a company ready!).

Dates and times:

Saturday, October 16: 10AM - 5PM
Sunday, October 17: Noon - 5PM


For more information and a downloadable map, see http://www.alamancestudiotour.com/

You can also find us on Facebook: Alamance Studio Tour


We have a gorgeous brochure--email me at cbiles@triad.rr.com with your name and snail mail address, and I'll send you one.


I look forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment